Friday, February 12, 2010

Pondering the Death Star


Well, you pack of degenerates, your Old Pal Foz is living it up in the land of movie stars and magic. Upon arriving in Los Angeles for the big book fair we discussed yesterday I found that the whole affair was far more fancy-pants than I had suspected.

This Hyatt Century Plaza thing is located across from a building known in the "business" as The Death Star. 2000 Avenue of the Stars is the home of a big talent agency called CAA or something, and according to inside picked-me-up-at-the-airport sources this hotel is the place where all the big stars have their meetings with their "people" and decide which "project"* to take next. Well, your pal's room (with a patio) looks right across the avenue to the Death Star. This morning I drank my coffee and read my fancy-pants "Los Angeles Times" on said patio while watching either major Hollywood stars or valets (can't tell for sure from here) go in and out of the building.

Now, it is my mission here to sell a bunch of Abraham Lincoln stuff to movie stars while I'm here, and since today is the 16th president's 201st birthday, I am sanguine of success. Getting to it now, but check in at FozBlog regularly. There will be much more fun.

* It is standard practice, when writing about Los Angeles and the entertainment industry, to place at least one work per sentence in quotes.

No comments:

Post a Comment