Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Trololo Song From 2009 Revisited


A few months ago Your Pals in FtH were overwhelmed with positive feedback when Foz posted this video of that Olde-Timey Red Russian crooner, Eduard Khil.  I know you know who Eduard Khil was (he died last year after you saw his Trololo video 3,000,000 times and liked it so ironically).

Actually, there isn’t a damthing wrong with Khil’s version of I Am Glad, 'Cause I'm Finally Returning Back Home, by Mikhail Ostrovsky.  It is a Russian notion of what an American cowboy ballad would sound like, which actually makes it even more hilarious.  If Khil were still around I have no doubt that the good folks at LaughingStock would invite him to be on their bill on August 25.  Foz the Hook would have gladly provided back up. 

I almost feel a little bad to learn that Khil was worried that people were trying to make a fool of him.  The song is way more awesome than it is foolish, and his performance is sheer brilliance.  I can’t do that!  Can you?

Still, the reason I bring this up is not to protect Khil from being made fun of.  Rather, it is to make fun of him.  I have said clearly that the Trololo song is awesome.  However, even more side-splittingly awesome is this dub made of the song by some guy who I don’t know who he is.


So, as usual, get your tickets to LaughingStock!  Then we can listen to the gut-buster together.

You’re welcome, ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment