Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Legend of the Pants


It is all about The Pants.  The pants answer most of your Foz-related questions.  I bring this up because Your Pals in FtH get a lot of questions regarding our biographies, relationship and immigration status, and credit score.  We can see why you’d want to know.  After some mature consideration I thought it best to come clean about at least one crucial psychological source of our best material.  Something that explains most everything.

It was the 1970’s, the heyday of American fashion, and FozMom was determined that her boy would be in the avant garde of fashion.  Now, J. C. Penney had American flag tank tops, and they had lime green leisure suites with hand-painted polyester shirts with coyotes and cacti on them.  I had all of these – although I should say that the lime green leisure suit was reserved for special occasions like FozGranny’s funeral or FozPop’s subsequent trial.

But one bright beautiful day in 1976(?) FozMom brought home these striped beauties in robin-egg blue and crimson.  I quickly matched them with my existing prison-stripe pull-over, and BINGO!, I had a new farming suit! 

 
At the time FozSis and I ran a commune in the Flint Hills where the Peace Children came for refuge after getting evicted from the desert commune featured in Billy Jack.  I am pleased to say that we sold those stinkers back to The Fuzz for a handy profit.  You can see the pants at my Facebook page (linked above), and you can see them here (pictured with FozDad) on The Day I caught a Huge Fish (later post).

They were good pants.  I wish I still had them.  I wish I still had that commune.  I wish I hadn’t sold the Flower Children to The Fuzz.  I wish Tom Laughlin would stop bugging FozSis and I about making Billy Jack 2012.  I wish I still had that one tin soldier.

Regrets?  I’ve had a few, but I mostly regret that I don’t have those pants any more.

Anyway, you can’t know my credit score, but you can know what made Foz the Hook the way we are.  Soon Patrick and Larry will guest post about their favorite pants.

The GoodGawd Open Mic at Cole’s Returns tonight.  FtH plays at 9:00, and The Hosts, Adam Burke, Rhea Butcher, and Kenny Witzgall run the list at 9:30.

Be there for another great show!

No comments:

Post a Comment